An Elegant New England Style Estate in Historic Calistoga
3950 Silverado Trail
Offered at: $5,900,000
This extraordinary estate is located in a tranquil, private setting and includes 1.5± acre hobby vineyard planted to Zinfandel. Minutes from downtown historic Calistoga and St. Helena, the exquisite home offers five bedroom suites including a guest apartment, plus a storybook pool house. Dramatic vistas surround the home and complement the spectacular outdoor space that includes formal gardens, terraces, dining pavilion and pool. An impeccable design offers gorgeous, light-filled interiors and an authentic feel while the wrap around deck captures endless vineyard and valley views.
- Dramatic, gated drive lined with sycamore and white birch trees leads to the residence.
- An antique stained glass paneled door opens to the inviting Foyer.
- The Great Room includes an elegant and warm Living Room with a rustic, raised stone hearth fireplace and Dining Room – both of which have French doors that lead to the wrap-around Porch.
- Exceptional chef’s Kitchen has stone slab counters, travertine slab kitchen island, and beautifully warm sold wood cabinets with china display. Designer stainless steel appliances include a Thermador six burner gas range with indoor charcoal grill and hood, Bosch dishwasher, and a panel front SubZero refrigerator and freezer. The sunny breakfast area has delightful vineyard views.
- The Butler’s Pantry/Hobby Room has stone counters and is ideal for flower arranging as there is a Dutch door directly to the garden.
- The lovely Guest Suite has fantastic garden views and a bath en suite.
- This level is complete with an elegant Powder Room and a convenient Mud Room adjacent to the kitchen and accessible to the garage.
- The cozy Den/Library has river rock stone fireplace and built-in bookshelves and media storage. Double French doors lead to the front garden. This room is adjacent to a powder room, wet bar, and the Tasting Room.
- A wonderful Game Room is flexible space with room for a billiards table.
- This level has the Vintner’s Tasting Room and adjacent Wine Cellar which are also accessible directly from the vineyard through arched double doors. The naturally cooled Cellar has ample space for over 1000 bottles.
- The first Bedroom Suite is a private oasis with its own spacious living room/office, stunning carved marble fire place, vaulted ceilings, walk-in closet, and steam bath. French doors lead to a private deck with views to the palisades and vineyards.
- The second Bedroom Suite is luxurious with fireplace, vaulted ceilings, and walk-in closet. French doors lead to a private deck with views to the palisades andvineyards.
- The third Bedroom Suite has gorgeous pool and garden views and a bath en suite.
- A home office has high windows with beautiful natural light.
Upper Level Guest Apartment:
- Accessible from the upper level but with a separate entrance, this sunny one bedroom apartment has a spacious living room and full kitchen. The enchanting, chalet style suite is perfect for guests and has a fireplace, soaring ceilings, steam bath, and garden views.
Pool House Guest Cottage:
- The detached storybook style solid stone cottage is an ideal space for a long term guest/tenant, writer’s retreat, art studio, or spa/gym.
- The front Garden has an expansive lawn and perennial flowers behind an English hedgerow.
- Semi-circular level garden leads to a covered Dining Pavilion set near a stone wall fountain.
- The lagoon shaped, heated Pool is set beside a beautiful fountain.
- Gardens include three fountains, shady and graceful 100 year old ± majestic heritage oaks, mature fruit trees, white dogwood trees, a seasonal brook, fragrant English roses, hydrangeas, and butterfly attracting accent plants. The magnificent grounds include garden terraces, walkways, seating for outdoor entertaining and meditation.
- 1.5± acre hobby vineyard planted to Zinfandel
- Large Garage with two automated doors contains the home’s heating/air and water purification systems.